Portrait of a Man with a Staff
- early 1750s
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 15/16 x 11 5/8 inches (40.5 x 29.5 cm), Plate: 15 1/16 x 10 5/8 inches (38.2 x 27 cm), Image: 14 7/16 x 10 5/8 inches (36.7 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 29"
Lettered, lower left: "Johann Baptista Piazzetta | Venetus delineavit."; lower center left: "Lorenz Haid | sculpsit."; lower center right: "Cum Gratia et Privilegio Sacrae Ceasareae | Majestatis"; lower right: "Johann Christian Leopold excudit | Augusta Vindelicorum. | a. 15."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | collar | gaze | genre subject | man | old | staff
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Portrait of a Man with a Staff, early 1750s
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.