Le jeune devot
- Additional Title(s):
The Young Disciple
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/4 x 11 5/8 inches (41.2 x 29.6 cm), Plate: 15 1/8 x 10 1/2 inches (38.4 x 26.7 cm), Image: 14 9/16 x 10 1/2 inches (37 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 30"; in brown ink, lower center: "le jeune devot"
Lettered, lower center: "Johann Christian Leopold excudit Augustae Vindelicorum. Johann Baptista Piazzetta Venetus delineavit Lorenz Haid pinxit. | Cum Gratia et Privilegio Sacrae Caesareae Majestatis."; lower right: "a. 14."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | Christian | Christianity | cloak | disciple | genre subject | religious | religious and mythological subject | rosary | solemn | staff | thoughtful | youth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Lorenz Haid, 1702–1750, German, Le jeune devot, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.