- Absalom's Submission to his Father, King David
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 13/16 × 14 1/8 inches (50.4 × 35.8 cm) and Image: 17 7/8 x 14 inches (45.4 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "KGK 41"; lower center: "[...]"; on back, lower right: "Haid (underlined) | Haid (JG)"
Lettered, lower left: "Boll pinxt"; lower center: "J Boydell Ext 1766"; lower right: "Haid Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | boots | bowls | Christianity | family | father | gaze | gesturing | Judaism | kneeling | Old Testament | Oriental | quiver | reconciliation of David and Absalom; Absalom kneels before David and they embrace | religious | religious and mythological subject | robes | sleeves | son | sword | tassels | turban
- Associated People:
David, biblical king of Israel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Gottfried Haid, 1704–1767, German, active in Britain, Absalom's Submission to his Father, King David, 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.