IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Rejouissances pour le Retour de l'Enfant Prodigue, undated
Rejouissances pour le Retour de l'Enfant Prodigue
- Additional Title(s):
Freude uber den verlohrnen Sohn
Festivities for the Return of the Prodigal Son
- Mezzotint with etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 5/16 x 18 1/4 inches (36.3 x 46.3 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 16 7/16 inches (32.3 x 41.7 cm), Image: 11 9/16 x 16 1/4 inches (29.3 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 58"
Lettered, lower left: "6"; lower center: "Rejouissances pour le Retour de l'Enfant prodigue. Freude uber den verlohrnen Sohn. | J. J. Haid et filius excud Aug Vindel."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | balustrade | buckets | celebration | chairs | coats | columns | cravats | cuffs | dresses | drinking | eating | entertainment | family | father | food | genre subject | gesturing | horns | leisure | music | musicians | party | ruffs | son | talking | violins | wigs | wine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.