IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, La male consequence du celibat, undated
La male consequence du celibat
- Additional Title(s):
Die uble Folge des ehelosen Standes
The Consequence of Male Celibacy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 10 1/16 inches (40.2 x 25.6 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (32.2 x 20.5 cm), Image: 11 5/16 x 8 inches (28.7 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 62"
Lettered, lower left: "1."; lower center: "La male consequence du celibat. | Die uble Folge des chelosen Stands."; lower right: "J. J. Haid et filius ex A. V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | bandages | caps | comedy | convalescent | genre subject | humor | husband | infidelity | man | men | pregnancy | pregnant | servants | sick | wife | woman | women | wounds
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.