- La male consequence du celibat
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 13/16 x 10 1/16 inches (40.2 x 25.6 cm), Plate: 12 11/16 x 8 1/16 inches (32.2 x 20.5 cm), and Image: 11 5/16 x 8 inches (28.7 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 62"
Lettered, lower left: "1."; lower center: "La male consequence du celibat. | Die uble Folge des chelosen Stands."; lower right: "J. J. Haid et filius ex A. V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | bandages | caps | comedy | convalescent | genre subject | humor | husband | infidelity | man | men | pregnancy | pregnant | servants | sick | wife | woman | women | wounds
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, La male consequence du celibat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.