Il Prete Jean
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/8 x 14 1/16 inches (48.6 x 35.7 cm), Plate: 16 1/4 x 11 1/4 inches (41.2 x 28.5 cm), and Image: 14 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (37 x 28.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 70"; lower left: "E. 125a(underlined twice)"
Lettered, lower center: "Il Prete Jean. | Rex idem hominum Phoebique Sacerdos, | Virg. An. l. 3."; lower right: "J. J. Haid excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | beard | crosses (motifs) | crown (symbol of sovereignty) | ermine | fear | gaze | genre subject | king (person) | livery collar | mantle | moustache | necklace | nobility | surprise
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Il Prete Jean, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.