Il Prete Jean
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/8 x 14 1/16 inches (48.6 x 35.7 cm), Plate: 16 1/4 x 11 1/4 inches (41.2 x 28.5 cm), Image: 14 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (37 x 28.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 70"; lower left: "E. 125a(underlined twice)"
Lettered, lower center: "Il Prete Jean. | Rex idem hominum Phoebique Sacerdos, | Virg. An. l. 3."; lower right: "J. J. Haid excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- awe | beard | crosses (motifs) | crown (symbol of sovereignty) | ermine | fear | gaze | genre subject | king (person) | livery collar | mantle | moustache | necklace | nobility | surprise
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, Il Prete Jean, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.