- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 11/16 inches (53.9 x 37.3 cm), Plate: 15 13/16 x 10 1/2 inches (40.2 x 26.7 cm), and Image: 14 5/16 x 10 1/2 inches (36.3 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 92"
Lettered, lower center: "S. SIMON. | Zelote nomen mercuit, tum propter Zelum erga magistrum, tum propter accuratum | evangelicae vitae cultum/ Niceph. H. E. l. II. c 40 | Joan. Kupezky pinx."; lower right: "Joh. Jac. Haid fecit et excud. AV."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | cane | Christian | Christianity | cloak | gaze | historical subject | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | saw | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Simon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.