- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 11/16 inches (53.9 x 37.3 cm), Plate: 15 13/16 x 10 1/2 inches (40.2 x 26.7 cm), Image: 14 5/16 x 10 1/2 inches (36.3 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 92"
Lettered, lower center: "S. SIMON. | Zelote nomen mercuit, tum propter Zelum erga magistrum, tum propter accuratum | evangelicae vitae cultum/ Niceph. H. E. l. II. c 40 | Joan. Kupezky pinx."; lower right: "Joh. Jac. Haid fecit et excud. AV."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | cane | Christian | Christianity | cloak | gaze | historical subject | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | saw | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.