- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 3/8 x 14 13/16 inches (54.3 x 37.7 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 x 10 13/16 inches (40.5 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 14 1/2 x 10 13/16 inches (36.9 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 93"
Lettered, lower center: "S. PHILIPPUS. | Gratia sua nescientem Iesus praevenerat, et antequam voem ad aures dirigeret, manum suam | ad trahemdum illum in cor ejus miserat. Rup. Tuit in Io. I. | Joan. Kupezky pinx."; lower right: "Joh. Jacob Haid fecit et exc A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | cane | Christianity | cloak | cross (motif) | gaze | gesturing | historical subject | leaning | man | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Philip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Philippus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.