- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 3/8 x 14 13/16 inches (54.3 x 37.7 cm), Plate: 15 15/16 x 10 13/16 inches (40.5 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 14 1/2 x 10 13/16 inches (36.9 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 93"
Lettered, lower center: "S. PHILIPPUS. | Gratia sua nescientem Iesus praevenerat, et antequam voem ad aures dirigeret, manum suam | ad trahemdum illum in cor ejus miserat. Rup. Tuit in Io. I. | Joan. Kupezky pinx."; lower right: "Joh. Jacob Haid fecit et exc A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | cane | Christianity | cloak | cross (motif) | gaze | gesturing | historical subject | leaning | man | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. Philip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Philippus, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.