IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Jacobus Major, undated
S. Jacobus Major
- Additional Title(s):
Saint James the Greater
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 9/16 x 14 5/8 inches (54.7 x 37.2 cm), Plate: 16 1/16 x 10 3/4 inches (40.8 x 27.3 cm), Image: 14 7/16 x 10 3/4 inches (36.7 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 95"
Lettered, lower center: "S. JACOBVS MAJOR. | Boanerges vocatus a domino, siquidem divina ejus praedicatio magnum et illustrem so,, | num per terrarum orbem erat dature S. Theophyl ad Marc. III. | Joan. Kupezky pinx"; lower right: "J. Jac. Haid fecit et excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | cane | Christian | Christianity | cloak | cross (motif) | gaze | gesturing | historical subject | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. James the Greater
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.