- S. Jacobus Major
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 9/16 x 14 5/8 inches (54.7 x 37.2 cm), Plate: 16 1/16 x 10 3/4 inches (40.8 x 27.3 cm), and Image: 14 7/16 x 10 3/4 inches (36.7 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "KHK 95"
Lettered, lower center: "S. JACOBVS MAJOR. | Boanerges vocatus a domino, siquidem divina ejus praedicatio magnum et illustrem so,, | num per terrarum orbem erat dature S. Theophyl ad Marc. III. | Joan. Kupezky pinx"; lower right: "J. Jac. Haid fecit et excud A.V."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | beard | cane | Christian | Christianity | cloak | cross (motif) | gaze | gesturing | historical subject | leaning | man | religious | religious and mythological subject | solemn | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- St. James the Greater
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Johann Jacobus Haid, 1704–1767, S. Jacobus Major, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.