Death of the Strong Wicked Man
- Part Of:
- 1808, published 1813
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 15 inches (28.9 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 × 11 inches (23.8 × 27.9 cm), and Image: 8 × 10 3/8 inches (20.3 × 26.4 cm)
Lettered upper right: "P12"; below image, center: "Death of the Strong Wicked Man | ... Heard you that groan? | It was his last. | London, Published March 1. 1813, by R. Ackermann 101 Strand"; lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake"; lower right: "Engraved by L. Schiavonetti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- damned souls | death | dresses | flames | goblet | leaving | men | mourning | muscles | nudes | religious and mythological subject | sin | soul | strength | window | wine | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, Death of the Strong Wicked Man, 1808, published 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.