- Thomas Smith, Esq.
- 1746 to 1756
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 10 1/8 inches (36.2 x 25.7 cm) and Plate: 14 x 10 inches (35.6 x 25.4 cm)
Lettered lower left: "R.Wilson pinxt."; lower center: "Thomas Smith Esq. Vice Admiral of ye White | Commander in Chief of his Majesty's Ships on the Coast of Scotland, Anno 1746."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit,"; lower left: "Price 2s. Sold by Faber of the Golden Head in Bloomsbury Square."; lower center, in coat-of-arms: "VNG DIEV ET VNG ROY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- columns | jackets | lawyer | man | portrait | ships | telescope | wig | wigs
- Associated People:
- Smith, Thomas (1707?–1762), naval officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Thomas Smith, Esq, 1746 to 1756
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.