IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Thomas Smith, Esq, 1746
Thomas Smith, Esq.
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 10 1/8 inches (36.2 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 14 x 10 inches (35.6 x 25.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "R.Wilson pinxt. | Price 2s. Sold by Faber [...] Golden Head in Bloomsbury Square."; lettered, lower center: "Thomas Smith Esqr. Vice Admiral of ye White | Commander in Chief of his Majesty's Ships on the Coast of Scotland, Anno 1746. | 9729 Smith, Thos. admiral, [...]"; lettered, lower right: "J. Faber fecit,";lower center, in coat-of-arms: "VNG DIEV ET VNG ROY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- columns | jackets | lawyer | man | portrait | ships | telescope | wig | wigs
- Associated People:
- Smith, Thomas (1707?–1762), naval officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.