- The Day of Judgment
- 1808, published 1813
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 11 3/8 inches (38.1 × 28.9 cm), Plate: 12 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (31.8 × 24.8 cm), and Image: 11 × 8 3/4 inches (27.9 × 22.2 cm)
Lettrered upper right: "P.28"; below image, lower center: "The Day of Judgment | London, Published 1 March 1813, by R. Ackermann 101 Strand"; lower left: "Drawn by W. Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | apocalyptic art | Ascent | awe | babies | books | Christianity | clouds | crowns | damned souls | demons | descending | elders | glorification | halo | harps | heaven | hell | Last Judgement | life | men | nudes | reaching | sorrow | swords | trumpets | wings | women | worship
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Day of Judgment, 1808, published 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.