The Death of the Good Old Man
- Part Of:
- 1808, published 1813
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 15 inches (28.9 × 38.1 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 × 11 inches (23.5 × 27.9 cm), Image: 8 × 10 1/4 inches (20.3 × 26 cm)
Lettrered upper right: "P.30"; inside image, lower center: "THE | NEW | TESTAMENT"; below image, lower center: "The Death of the Good Old Man. | ... Sure the last end, | Of the good Man is peace! How calm His exit! | London, Published March 1st. 1813, by R. Ackermann 101 Strand"; lower left: "Drawn by W. Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angel | Ascent | awe | Bible | book | bread | Christianity | clouds | communion | death | elderly | faith | goblet | mattress | men | mourning | New Testament | praying | religious and mythological subject | salvation | soul | wine | wings | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Death of the Good Old Man, 1808, published 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.