Knives, Scissars, and Razors to Grind
- Additional Title(s):
The Cries of London, Plate 6
Couteaux, Ciseaux, Rasoirs a repasser
- Part Of:
- Color printed etching, aquatint, and stipple engraving with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 × 13 1/2 inches (43.2 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 16 1/4 × 12 7/8 inches (41.3 × 32.7 cm), Image: 14 × 10 7/8 inches (35.6 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center top: "7"; upper right: "x.2"; lower left: "12926 13"
Lettered below image, lower left: "Painted by F. Wheatley R.A."; lower right: "Engraved by G. Vendramini."; lower center: "CRIES | of | LONDON | Plate 6th | Knives, Scissors, and Razors to Grind. | Couteaux, Ciseaux, Rasoirs a repasser. | London Pub.d as the Act Directs. Jan. 1, 1795 by Colnaghi & Co. No. 132 Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Francis Wheatley (Yale Center for British Art, 2005-08-31 - 2006-02-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]