The First Book of Urizen, Plate 17, "They call'd her Pity and fled . . . ." (Bentley 19)
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in orange-brown with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 5/8 inches (30.2 x 24.4 cm) and Plate: 6 1/4 x 4 1/8 inches (15.9 x 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- kneeling | literary theme | men | nudes | text | vines | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 319, PR4142 .S35 2013