Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The First Book of Urizen, Plate 22 (Bentley 24), 1794
The First Book of Urizen, Plate 22 (Bentley 24)
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in orange-brown with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 5/8 inches (30.2 x 24.4 cm) and Plate: 5 7/8 x 3 5/8 inches (14.9 x 9.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "23"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fire | flames | kneeling | literary theme | men | mountains | nudes | water | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.