- Death's Door
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Binding: 16 inches (40.6 cm), Sheet: 15 3/4 × 12 1/4 inches (40 × 31.1 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 × 7 inches (29.8 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 9 5/8 × 5 1/2 inches (24.4 × 14 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by W. Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L. Schiavonetti"; lower center: "Death's Door | London, Published May 1st. 1808. by Cadell & Davis, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barefoot | cane | crouching | death | door | elderly | light | literary theme | man | nude | religious and mythological subject | resting | rock | stone | The Grave (1743) | tomb
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, Death's Door, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.