- Sketchbook of drawings of abbeys, castles, etc.
- Fifteen sketches in gray wash and graphite or pen and ink and gray wash over graphite
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 4 1/8in. (16.5 x 10.5cm)
Cover inscribed: "No. 3 / R"; and in John Bernard Gilpin's hand: "Wm Gilpin / vicar of Boldre / 1760"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Sketchbook of drawings of abbeys, castles, etc, 1760
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.