The Counsellor, King, Warrior, Mother & Child, in the Tomb
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Binding: 16 inches (40.6 cm), Sheet: 12 1/4 × 15 3/4 inches (31.1 × 40 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (21.6 × 26.7 cm), Image: 5 5/8 × 9 inches (14.3 × 22.9 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake."; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti"; lower center: "The King, Councellor, Warrior, Mother & Child, in the Tomb. | London, Published May 1st. 1808, by Cadell & Davis, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- burning | child | corpse | counselor | crown | death | flame | infant | king (person) | lamp | light | literary theme | man | mother | religious and mythological subject | scepter | scroll | sculpture | sword | The Grave (1743) by Robert Blair (1699-1746) | tomb | warrior | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Counsellor, King, Warrior, Mother & Child, in the Tomb, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.