- Landscape with Two Men on a Hill and a Castle in the Distance
- between 1762 and 1783
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 9 3/8 inches (16.7 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hills | landscape | men | ruins | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Men on a Hill and a Castle in the Distance, between 1762 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.