Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, View of Castle Ruin, between 1762 and 1783
View of Castle Ruin
- between 1762 and 1783
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash, blue wash, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 9 3/8 inches (16.8 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | castle | hills | landscape | mountains | ruins | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.