- A Castle at the Edge of a Lake
- between 1762 and 1783
- Gray wash, yellow wash, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 5 1/2 inches (9.8 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hills | lake | landscape | rocks (landforms)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, A Castle at the Edge of a Lake, between 1762 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.