Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Trees in Foreground, between 1762 and 1783
Landscape with Trees in Foreground
- between 1762 and 1783
- Gray wash, brown wash, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 × 4 1/8 inches (11.1 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin | V of Boldre".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | trees | vegetation
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.