Landscape with House at the Riverbank
- between 1762 and 1783
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 4 × 6 1/4 inches (10.2 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | house | landscape | river | riverbank | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with House at the Riverbank, between 1762 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.