Landscape with Two Trees and Cliff
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 x 11 5/8 inches (17.6 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "Aug. [1769?]"
Dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "Aug. [1769?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | landscape | mountains | trees | vegetation
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Trees and Cliff, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.