Landscape with Two Trees and Cliff
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 15/16 x 11 5/8 inches (17.6 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "Aug. [1769?]"
Dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: "Aug. [1769?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliff | landscape | mountains | trees | vegetation
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Two Trees and Cliff, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.