Landscape with Large Cruciform
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and black ink and gray ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 12 inches (24.4 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "William Gilpin, V of Boldre"
Dated in pen and brown ink, verso, lower center: "April 1769"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | castle | cliffs | cruciform | lake | landscape | men | mountains | ruins
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Large Cruciform, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.