Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Pine Trees and Castle in a Landscape, between 1762 and 1783
Pine Trees and Castle in a Landscape
- between 1762 and 1783
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 3/4in. (12.7 x 19.7cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | hills | lake | landscape | pines | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.