- Landscape (unfinished)
- between 1762 and 1783
- Gray wash, graphite, verso: Gray wash, brown wash, pen and black ink and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (16.5 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower left: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | lake | landscape | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape (unfinished), between 1762 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.