The Meeting of a Family in Heaven
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm), Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (36.2 × 29.2 cm), Plate: 11 × 6 1/4 inches (27.9 × 15.9 cm), Image: 9 1/4 × 5 1/4 inches (23.5 × 13.3 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake."; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti"; lower center: "The meeting of a Family in Heaven. | London, Published May 1st. 1808. by Cadell & Davis, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | children | couple | embrace | family | heaven | meeting | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Meeting of a Family in Heaven, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.