Landscape with Road Leading to Abbey
- Gray wash, graphite, pen and gray ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 13 1/4 inches (25.6 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, verso, lower right: "Wm Gilpin V of Boldre"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Arthur Weyhe
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | birds | castle | lake | landscape | mountains | road | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. William Gilpin, 1724–1804, British, Landscape with Road Leading to Abbey, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.