The Soul Hovering over the Body reluctantly Parting with Life
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm), Sheet: 11 1/2 × 14 1/4 inches (29.2 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (21.6 × 26.7 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 inches (16.2 × 22.9 cm)
Lettered aboveimage, upper right: "P16."; below image, lower left: "W.Blake delt."; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti."; lower center: "The Soul hovering over the Body reluctantly parting with Life. | ... How wishfully she looks | On all she's leaving, now no longer her's! | London, Published May 1. 1808, by Cadell & Davies, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | death | genre subject | man | mountains | soul | window
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Soul Hovering over the Body reluctantly Parting with Life, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.