The Descent of Man into the Vale of Death
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm), Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (36.2 × 29.2 cm), Plate: 11 × 6 3/4 inches (27.9 × 17.1 cm), and Image: 9 1/2 × 5 3/8 inches (24.1 × 13.7 cm)
Lettered above image, upper right: "P21"; below image, lower left: "Drawn by W Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L Schiavonetti"; lower center: "The descent of Man into the Vale of Death. | ...'tis here all meet.' | London. Published May 1st. 1808. by Cadell & Davies Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | children (people by age group) | death | genre subject | men | vales | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Descent of Man into the Vale of Death, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.