IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Luigi Schiavonetti, 1765–1810, Italian, The Soul Exploring the Recesses of the Grave, 1808
The Soul Exploring the Recesses of the Grave
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Binding: 14 1/2 inches (36.8 cm), Sheet: 14 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (36.2 × 29.2 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 × 6 1/4 inches (28.6 × 15.9 cm), Image: 9 1/4 × 4 3/4 inches (23.5 × 12.1 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by W.Blake"; lower right: "Etched by L.Schiavonetti."; lower center: "The Soul exploring the recesses of the Grave. | London, Published May 1st. 1808, by Cadell & Davis, Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- candle | exploring | fire | genre subject | grave | man | moon | recesses | soul
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.