For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 4, "Water"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 1/2 inches (14 cm), 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13.7 x 11.4 cm), and 3 1/4 x 2 7/8 inches (8.3 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | historical subject | island | men | nudes | rain | rocks (landforms) | sitting | text | trees | water | water
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake (Tate Britain, 2000-11-02 - 2001-02-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake (The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 2000-03-26 - 2000-07-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1982-12-03 - 1983-02-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-09-15 - 1982-11-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]