IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 7, "Fire", 1793
For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 7, "Fire"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 5 1/2 inches (14 cm), Sheet: 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13.7 x 11.4 cm), Plate: 3 7/8 x 2 7/8 inches (9.8 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fire | flames | historical subject | men | nudes | shield | sword | text
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake (Tate Britain, 2000-11-02 - 2001-02-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1982-12-03 - 1983-02-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-09-15 - 1982-11-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.