Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 7, "Fire", 1793
For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 7, "Fire"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 5 1/2 inches (14 cm), Sheet: 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13.7 x 11.4 cm), and Plate: 3 7/8 x 2 7/8 inches (9.8 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fire | flames | historical subject | men | nudes | shield | sword | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.