- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 x 11 inches (38.7 x 27.9 cm), Plate: 15 1/4 x 11 inches (38.7 x 27.9 cm), and Image: 13 5/8 x 11 inches (34.6 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "196"; inscribed on back in graphite lower center: "Mrs. Woodhull"
Lettered lower left: "John Zoffany Pinxt."; lower center: "R. Sayer Excudit. | London Printed for Robt. Sayer, No. 53 Fleet Street, as the Act directs 1st. Sepr. 1772."; lower right: "Richd. Houston fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braid | dress | hat | pearls | portrait | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Chaloner Smith, British mezzotinto portraits, being a descriptive catalogue of these engravings from the introduction of the art to the early part of the present century : arranged according to the engravers, the inscriptions given at full length, and the variations of state precisely set forth : acc , Martino Pub., Mansfield Centre, CT, 2004, v.2, p. 692, Houston no. 124, NE1816.G7 S58 2004