Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 10, "My Son! my Son!", 1793
For Children. The Gates of Paradise, Plate 10, "My Son! my Son!"
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Spine: 5 1/2 inches (14 cm), Sheet: 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches (13.7 x 11.4 cm), and Plate: 3 5/8 x 2 3/8 inches (9.2 x 6 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, upper center: "9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | leaf | literary theme | men | nudes | ruins | spear | stones | text | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.