Pantheum Romanum nunc Mariae Cognomento
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- between 1581 and 1586
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 12 1/2 × 14 1/8 inches (31.8 × 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "24"
Lettered above image: "PANTHEVM. ROMANVM. NVNC. MARIAE. COGNOMENTO. ROTVMDAE. NOTVM. AD. ANTIQVAM. SVAM. EFFIGIEM. ET. FORMAM. EXPRESSVM"; inside image, center: "M. AGRIPPA. L. F. COS. TERTIVM. FECIT"; lower right: "Ioannes Orlandi formis romae 1602"; lettered on left edge of plate with numeric dimensions
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | cityscape | lions | temple
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Pantheon (Rome) | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Ambrogio Brambilla, active ca. 1579–1599, Italian, Pantheum Romanum nunc Mariae Cognomento, between 1581 and 1586
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.