- Arch of Septimus Severus
- Line engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 14 1/8 inches (49.2 × 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, upper left: "31"
Lettered within image, upper center: "Imp Caes Lvcio Septimio M fil Severo Pio Pertinaci Avg patri patriae Parthico Arabico et | Parthico Adiabenico pontif maximo tribvnic potest XI imp XI cos III procos et | Imp Caes M Avrelio L fil Antonino Avg Pio Felici tribvnic potest VI cos procos p p | optimis fortissimis qve principibvs| ob rem pvblicam restitvtam imperivm qve popvli Romani propagatvm | insignibvs virtvtibvs eorvm domi foris qve S P Q R"; lower right: "A.S..."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, Arch of Septimus Severus, 1546-1590
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.