Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 48, "The Fly" (Bentley 40)
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching with pen and ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 4 3/4 inches (18.4 x 12.1 cm) and Plate: 4 5/8 x 2 7/8 inches (11.7 x 7.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "34"; in graphite, lower center: "48"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- badminton | branches | children | historical subject | leaf | mother | shuttlecock | text | trees | vines | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Plate 48, "The Fly" (Bentley 40), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.