William Blakeney, Esq.
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 14 5/16 x 10 3/16 inches (36.3 x 25.9 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 x 10 inches (30.9 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "FABER (AFTER HUDSON) Wm. BLAKENEY, ESQ."; on back, lower right: "146 [...]ul."
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Thos,, Husdon Pinxt."; lower center: "The Honble,, William Blakeney Esqr. Lieut,, Genl. of His Majty's. Forces | Coll. of His Majtys. Iniskillin Regimt of Foot & Lieut. Goverr. of MINORCA"; lower center, in banner below shield: "AUXILIUM · MEUM · AB · ALTO"; lower right: "I,, Faber fecit 1748".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frederick W. Hilles
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | braid | cannon (artillery) | coat of arms | costume | cravat | crest | dog (animal) | flounces | man | nobility | politician | portrait | shield | tricorne | uniform | wall | wig
- Associated People:
- Blakeney, William, Baron Blakeney (1671/2–1761), army officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, William Blakeney, Esq, 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.