- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (22.6 × 28.6 cm) and Image: 7 3/8 × 9 3/4 inches (18.7 × 24.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "2R"; on back, lower left: "c"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HENRY ALKIN. del. et sculp."; lower center: "SHAKSPEARE'S SEVEN AGES. | The School-Boy. | London, Published by E. & C. Mc. Lean June 15th, 1824"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII | bag | books | boys | branches | bridge (built work) | cap | children | coat | collar | costume | dogs (animals) | genre subject | gesture | houses | humor | jacket | landscape | leisure | literary theme | parody | pointing | reaching | reeds | river | satire | schoolboys | shirts | sticks | stripes | student | swimming | top hat | trees | trousers | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, The School-Boy, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.