Die Maussalle.... - "Hamlet," Act III, Scene II
- Former Title(s):
'Hamlet,' Act III, Scene II
- between 1778 and 1780
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 × 10 3/4 inches (23 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, center: "(three curly-cues with dots between them)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "Die Mausfalle__________ | Hamlet III Aufzug 2.ter Auftritt | Von Herrn Brockmann auf dem Berlinschen Theater 1778 vorgeftellt | Mamsell Dobbelin war Ophelia Heer Bruckner der Konig &c."; lower left: "D. Chodowiecki del. 1778."; lower right: "D. Berger Sculps. Berolini. 1780."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | axes | columns | court | dresses | feathers | fur | Hamlet, play by William Shakespeare | hats | literary theme | men | noblemen | nobles | noblewomen | plays | women
- Associated People:
- Ophelia (character in Hamlet)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Daniel Berger, 1744–1824, German, Die Maussalle.... - "Hamlet," Act III, Scene II, between 1778 and 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.