Die Maussalle.... - "Hamlet," Act III, Scene II
- Former Title(s):
'Hamlet,' Act III, Scene II
- between 1778 and 1780
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 1/16 x 10 3/4 inches (23 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, center: "(three curly-cues with dots between them)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "Die Mausfalle__________ | Hamlet III Aufzug 2.ter Auftritt | Von Herrn Brockmann auf dem Berlinschen Theater 1778 vorgeftellt | Mamsell Dobbelin war Ophelia Heer Bruckner der Konig &c."; lower left: "D. Chodowiecki del. 1778."; lower right: "D. Berger Sculps. Berolini. 1780."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | axes | columns | court | dresses | feathers | fur | Hamlet, play by William Shakespeare | hats | literary theme | men | noblemen | nobles | noblewomen | plays | women
- Associated People:
- Ophelia (character in Hamlet)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Daniel Berger, 1744–1824, German, Die Maussalle.... - "Hamlet," Act III, Scene II, between 1778 and 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.