IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Visions of the Daughters of Albion, Plate 10, "In happy copulation . . . . ", 1793
Visions of the Daughters of Albion, Plate 10, "In happy copulation . . . . "
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Visions of the Daughters of Albion, Plate 11, "Where the cold miser . . . . "
- Relief etching printed in green with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 9 3/4 inches (34.6 x 24.8 cm), Plate: 6 1/2 x 4 5/8 inches (16.5 x 11.7 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 4 5/8 inches (17.1 x 11.7 cm), Spine: 14 inches (35.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blanket | cave | literary theme | mourning | nudes | text | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Romantics & Revolutionaries : Regency Portraits from the National Portrait Gallery (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-01-23 - 2003-03-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1982-12-03 - 1983-02-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-09-15 - 1982-11-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.