Another Part of the Field: 'Henry IV Part I,' Act V, Scene IV
- Additional Title(s):
Sir John Falstaff's Grand Manoeuvre, at the Battle of Shrewsbury!
- Part Of:
- after 1857
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 6 3/16 × 8 7/16 inches (15.7 × 21.4 cm) and 4 11/16 × 6 7/8 inches (11.9 × 17.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn & Etched by George Cruikshank"; lower center: "Sir John Falstaff's Grand manoeuvre, at the Battle of Shrewsbury! ~~"; lower right: "Pub.d by Messrs Longman & Co Paternoster Row"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | army | arrows | battle | field | fighting | Henry IV Part I, Act V, Scene IV | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | illustration | literary theme | obese | plays by William Shakespeare | shield | soldiers | war
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Sir John Falstaff
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Another Part of the Field: 'Henry IV Part I,' Act V, Scene IV, after 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.