Mr. Kemble, of the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane
- Stipple engraving and etching, with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 9/16 x 5 1/2 inches (21.8 x 14 cm) and Image (oval): 5 11/16 x 4 11/16 inches (14.4 x 11.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "K25 | K563 | P107 2-"; in pen, lower right: "landser eggshell mat Ryla 3358"
Lettered, upper center: "EUROPEAN MAGAZINE"; center left: "S. Harding pinx:"; center right: "W.N.Gardiner sculp"; lower center: "M.R KEMBLE. | of the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. | London Published Jan.y 1, 1797 by John Sewell Cornhill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actor | coat | collar | cravat | entertainer | man | manager | oval | portrait | posing | ruffs | wig
- Associated People:
- Kemble, Stephen (1758-1822), actor and entertainer
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Nelson Gardiner, 1766–1814, Irish, Mr. Kemble, of the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.