"Then go, bid the huntsmen wake them with their horns"
- Additional Title(s):
The Same (Another Part of the Woods). Lysander, Demetrius, Helena, and Hermia: 'Midsummer Night's Dream', Act IV, Scene I
- Part Of:
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 13/16 x 12 15/16 inches (42.7 x 32.8 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 10 13/16 inches (35.4 x 27.5 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 x 5 13/16 inches (21.5 x 14.8 cm)
Lettered, center: "SHAKSPEARE | MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. | Then go, bid the huntsmen wake them | with their horns | Act 4 Sc1."; lower left: "Painted by T. Stothard R.A."; lower center: "Engraved by J. Heath, Engraver to his Majesty & his R.H. the Prince of Wales. | Published Jany1 1802 by J Heath No15 Russell Place Fitzroy Sq.re & G. & J. Robinson Paternoster Row."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act IV, Scene I | A Midsummer Night's Dream, play by William Shakespeare | dogs (animals) | drapery | garlands | literary theme | lovers | men | plays by William Shakespeare | sleeping | spears | theater | women | woods
- Associated People:
- Demetrius (character in A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Hermia (character in A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Lysander (character in A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Helena (character in A Midsummer Night's Dream)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Heath, 1757–1834, British, "Then go, bid the huntsmen wake them with their horns", 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.