IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Benjamin Holl, 1808–1884, British, Mr. G. V. Brooke as Othello and James Bennett as Iago - 'Othello,' Act III, Scene III
Mr. G. V. Brooke as Othello and James Bennett as Iago - 'Othello,' Act III, Scene III
- Part Of:
Collective Title: The Tragedy of Othello, The Moor of Venice
- Engraving made from a daguerrotype
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 6 1/8in. (23.5 x 15.6cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- literary theme | The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Othello (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
Iago (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.