Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Sir Toby Belch and the Clown - "Twelfth Night", Act II, Scene III
- Engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 × 19 1/4 inches (42.2 × 48.9 cm), Plate: 16 5/16 × 18 7/8 inches (41.4 × 47.9 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (34.9 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "H8088"
Lettering, lower left: "W.H.Bunbury Esq. delt."; lettered, lower center: "SIR ANDREW AGUECHEEK, SIR TOBY BELCH, & THE CLOWN. | From an Original Drawing in the Collection of HER ROYAL HIGHNESS the Dutchess of York to whom this Plate is by | Her Royal HIghness's most Gracious Permission humbly Dedicated by Her most obedt. Servt. | THOS. MACKLIN. | London Publish'd Nov. 30, 1793 by Thos. Macklin Poets Gallery Fleet Street."; lettered, lower right: "P.W. Tomkins Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Peltro W. Tomkins, 1760–1840, British, Sir Andrew Aguecheek, Sir Toby Belch and the Clown - "Twelfth Night", Act II, Scene III, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.