Costume of the Reign of King Henry III, 1250
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 13 5/8 inches (26 x 34.6 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 12 15/16 inches (25 x 32.8 cm), and Image: 7 11/16 x 11 1/8 inches (19.6 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right, "43265"; lower left: "P. 43"; lower right: "43265 | 13 x 17 | red board | 13"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "C. H. S. delt."; lower center: "Etched by I. A. Atkinson | Costume of the reign of King Henry 3d: Anno 1250. | Pub. March 1. 1814, by Colnaghi & Co. 23, Cockspur Street, London."; lower right: "Aquatinted by Hill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | baldachin | banners | battlements | capes | castle | celebration | costume | crowd | crowns | flags | fleur-de-lis | guards | helmets | hills | historical subject | hoods | horns | horses (animals) | king (person) | nobility | plumes | portcullis | procession | queen (person) | robes | royalty | servants | shields | soldiers | spears | tower (building division) | tunics
- Associated People:
- Henry III (1207–1272), king of England and lord of Ireland, and duke of Aquitaine
Eleanor (c.1223–1291), queen of England, consort of Henry III
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Augustus Atkinson, (etching), 1775–1831, British, Costume of the Reign of King Henry III, 1250, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.